Monday, November 21, 2011

NHBPM Day 21 ~ POSITIVITY



After spending waaayyyy to much of my morning enjoying the ekphrasis prompt in my Turtle Medicine blog, I need to finish editing my affadavit so I can send it to my lawyer.  But I don't want to write about it (unless I need to vent when I finish).  @lobsterquotes is really on a roll this morning, so in this post I'll try to capture as many of my favorites throughout the afternoon as I work, or a bunch that he's done this morning to keep me positive as I work.  Even if I only accomplish a few.

Imagine yourself where you want to be.

Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it~Helen Keller

Dont quit

Enjoy the entire experience

Every knock is a boost~Elbert Hubbard

We tend to get what we expect~Norman Vincent Peale

Let the heart sing, let the eyes flash, let the mind be lifted up, look upward and say to yourself ... nothing is impossible! ~Peale

Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others~Mark Twain

The person desirous of success and strength should perform good karma continuously~Rig Veda

Courage is the best slayer-courage which attacketh, for in every attack there is the sound of triumph~Friedrich Nietzsche

All intellectual improvement arises from leisure~Samuel Johnson

There is no success without hardship-Sophocles

The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly~ Nietzsche

We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job~Winston Churchill
Make yourself necessary to somebody. Do not make life hard to any~ Emerson
To build a better world, start in your community~Fortune cookie
There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still~Franklin D. Roosevelt
(And since procrastination is one of them and I've got a great list here, I'm off to eat and finish the affadavit)

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J
I am also participating in my Turtle Medicine Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment