The first two strategies from the article (based on strategies in a Psychology Today article):
1. Keep the Focus on You
- What is good about this situation? What can I appreciate and focus on?
- What am I focusing on in this situation and how can I focus on getting MORE of what I want, rather than less?
- What do I believe is realistically possible in this situation? How can I broaden my beliefs to expand the possiblities?
- What learning is available to me in this situation? How can I be open to that learning and focusing on what I can learn rather than on the negatives?
- What small thing can I do to make the situation just a little easier or better?